Manual, time-consuming approval process
We built a website application to manage a clients website orders that directly links into their eCommerce system. This system saves their staff/business hundreds of hours per week. Below you can see how it works and how we planned and built it.
A company needed to find a solution to help streamline their order process after a sale had been made. They sell customised products and came to us asking if we could help find a solution to streamline their current order process. Because the products they offer have a lot of customisation options, they needed to provide mockups for their customers to review before finalising the order and sending it out, the process was like this:
- Customised order comes through the website.
- A mockup is produced and emailed to the customer.
- Wait for the customer to come back, with amendments or approval.
- Once the customer has approved it, the order is sent off to the manufacturers.
- When the order has been made, it is dispatched straight to the customer.
This process is done for hundreds of orders each week, as you can imagine, this took a lot of time, then add in the fact that they have multiple sources where they receive orders from, including Magento websites, Ebay and Amazon. Then split the process over different team members dealing with the orders, depending on who is available. All of these elements add to the chance for human error when creating these orders, either from customers or staff.